Located in the heart of Perth, this late-Georgian stone residence was built in 1823 for Reverend Michael Harris, the first Episcopalian minister in the district. By 1833 it was the home of Thomas Mabon Radenhurst, a prominent lawyer in the community. Ella Inderwick purchased the property from the Radenhurst family in the 1890s and named it "Inge-va" – a Tamil word meaning "come here." Her son Cyril, a founder of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario (ACO) in 1933, inherited the property. Inge-Va was donated to the Trust by Cyril's wife Winnifred in 1974.
The Trust conducted an archaeological investigation of the property from 1987 to 1993. In 1989 Winnifred Inderwick bequeathed to the Trust a collection of furnishings that provide insight into the history of the house and the wider Perth community. Following extensive research on the history of the house, the Trust used funds provided by the provincial government to complete a major restoration of Inge-Va in 1995.
Inge-Va is operated by the Town of Perth and Inge-Va Board of Management.