Welcome to the Ontario Heritage Trust's Online Plaque Guide.
Like our traditional printed guide, it's easy to find plaques in your own community. What makes this online version so unique is its powerful search mechanism. Not only can you now find plaques based on location, but also by theme. You are just a few clicks away from having information at your fingertips about the hundreds of familiar blue and gold plaques located throughout Ontario.
- For a full list of all the Trust's provincial plaques, leave the search fields blank and click the Search button.
- Or enter a keyword (e.g. Simcoe) and click Search.
- Or select a theme from the drop-down list and click Search.
- Or choose a tourism region, county/district and municipality and then click Search. (Note: When you select a tourism region, you will only see those counties or districts from that tourism region. Similarly, when you have chosen both a tourism region and county/district, you will only see the municipalities from that county/district.)
- To modify your search even further, select a theme and a specific tourism region, county/district or municipality and click Search.
- Results will appear in a list below. Click on any of the entries to learn more about that plaque.