Nomination forms and other documents:
Community Leadership self-assessment form [PDF | 2.3 MB]
Endorsement form (required for all nominations) [PDF | 2 MB]
September 30 – all nomination forms and supporting materials are due
Who can nominate?
The following individuals and organizations are invited to submit nominations:
- conservation authorities
- First Nations band councils
- individuals/self-nominations (for Excellence in Conservation nominations only)
- local, regional or provincial heritage organizations
- local, regional or provincial youth organizations
- Métis community councils
- municipal or regional councils
- Ontario Heritage Trust staff
- school principals
- university and college registrars or department heads
Note: Nominations submitted by municipal councils, regional councils, First Nations band councils or Métis community councils must be supported by a motion of council.
For more details about the specific requirements for each program, please read the program-specific information. If you have questions, please send us an email.
How does the nomination process work?
Follow this simple check-list to complete your nomination:
- Please complete one of the nomination forms below for the selected program and submit it by email.
- If applicable, have the completed nomination form endorsed by a motion of council (for nominations submitted by municipal councils, regional councils, First Nations band councils or Métis community councils).
- Complete the endorsement form and have it signed by the designated official.
- Compile all supporting materials for the nomination, which could include:
- a detailed description of the achievement/activities
- letters of support from the community
- media stories, website links, other evidence of nominated work
- photographs of the nominee and/or his/her work or URLs to online sources (if applicable/available)
- proof of age for nominees for youth awards (if applicable)
- a completed self-assessment form for Community Leadership nominations (if applicable)
- list of names and contact information for each individual in a group (if applicable)
- Submit the endorsement form along with all supporting materials by mail or send a scanned copy by email to:
Recognition programs Heritage Programs and Operations Branch Ontario Heritage Trust 10 Adelaide Street East Toronto, Ontario M5C 1J3 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When do recipients receive their awards?
Recipients are invited to a ceremony in late February at the Ontario legislature to receive their awards from Ontario's Lieutenant Governor and the Ontario Heritage Trust's Chairman.
Young Heritage Leaders recognition events are coordinated by the local nominating organization and held at various times throughout the year. When possible, the Trust will send a representative to participate.