Menu

District Capital 1815-1825, The

For a 10-year period, Tisdale's Mills was the judicial seat of the London District. After the court house and jail were completed about 1817, the community was renamed Vittoria in honour of an important British victory over Napoleon during the Peninsular Campaign.

Location

On the grounds of Christ Church, which was built on the foundations of the former court house and jail, Township Road 46, Vittoria

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Norfolk (District)

Municipality: County of Norfolk

Themes