Menu

George Hamilton 1787-1836

A shrewd businessman and prosperous landowner, Hamilton laid out a village plot at the Head of the Lake in 1815 that in time became the city that bears his name. When the settlement was designated the administrative centre of the Gore District, Hamilton donated land for the court house.

Location

In front of the court house, 50 Main Street East, Hamilton

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: City of Hamilton (District)

Municipality: City of Hamilton

Themes