Menu

Precious Blood Cathedral

Built in 1875 to replace a simple, wooden missionary post, the Church of the Sacred Heart became the cathedral for the newly created diocese of Sault Ste. Marie in 1905. In 1936, it was given its present name.

Location

On the grounds of the cathedral, 778 Queen Street East, Sault Ste. Marie

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Algoma

Municipality: City of Sault Ste. Marie

Themes