Laurentian University, Sudbury - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Laurentian University, Sudbury

Higher education in northern Ontario originated with the founding of Sacred Heart College in 1913, which later became the University of Sudbury. In 1960, Laurentian University was incorporated and the University of Sudbury, Huntingdon University and subsequently Thorneloe University were federated with the new bilingual institution.

  • Visit the plaque – At the entrance to the R.D. Parker Building, University Road, Laurentian University, Sudbury.