District Court House and Gaol - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

District Court House and Gaol

The first court house to serve the Western District on this site was an abandoned blockhouse which had been moved from Chatham in 1797. The present building is the fourth court house and was constructed by Alexander Mackenzie in 1855 to serve the newly independent County of Essex.

Location

At the former court house, now Mackenzie Hall, Brock and Sandwich Streets, Windsor

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Essex

Municipality: City of Windsor

Themes