Fairfield House, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Fairfield House, The

Built by William Fairfield, Sr., a loyalist from Vermont, this handsome clapboard house was completed, according to tradition, in 1793. Six generations of Fairfields occupied the house over the next 150 years. Maintained by the St. Lawrence Parks Commission since 1959, the house has been restored and is now a public museum.

Location

In Fairfield Historical Park, Amherstview - Highway 33, just east of County Road 6

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: County of Lennox and Addington

Municipality: Township of Loyalist

Themes