Field House, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Field House, The

One of the oldest brick houses in Ontario, the Field House was built about 1800. It was occupied by the British during the War of 1812 but managed to withstand American bombardment. In 1968, the Georgian-style house was acquired by the Ontario Heritage Trust to ensure its preservation; it has since been repaired and restored and is now in private ownership.

Location

On the grounds of the house, Niagara River Parkway, between Niagara-on-the-Lake and Queenston

Region: Niagara Falls and Region

County/District: Regional Municipality of Niagara

Municipality: Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake

Themes