Founding of Brussels, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Founding of Brussels, The

Originally known as Ainleyville after its founder William Ainley, and with a post office called Dingle, this thriving mill town adopted the name of Brussels in 1872 when it was incorporated as a village.

Location

In front of the public library, Turnberry and Mill Roads, Brussels

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Huron

Municipality: Municipality of Huron East

Themes