Founding of Forest, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Founding of Forest, The

In 1859, the Grand Trunk Railway opened a station at the junction of three townships on the Guelph-to-Sarnia line. Situated in dense bush, the station was called Forest; the name was retained even after the trees had been felled and the community had developed into a transshipment centre.

Location

In front of the town hall, 40 King Street West, Forest

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Lambton

Municipality: Municipality of Lambton Shores

Themes