Haldimand Grant 1784, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Haldimand Grant 1784, The

In recognition of their loyalty to the British during the American Revolution and to compensate for the loss of their land in New York State, the Six Nations Iroquois were granted a tract of land extending for six miles on either side of the Grand River from its source to the Lake Erie shore.

Location

At the Haldimand County Court House, Highway 54 and Echo Street, within the area of the former land grant, Cayuga

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Haldimand (District)

Municipality: County of Haldimand

Themes