Hay Bay Church 1792 - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Hay Bay Church 1792

In 1792, the congregation at Hay Bay built the first Methodist chapel in Upper Canada. The small frame meeting house was used for worship until about 1860 when it became, for a time, a storehouse for crops. Reacquired by the Methodists in 1910, it has since been restored and is now maintained by the United Church of Canada.

Location

On the grounds of the church, Hay Bay Road, about 4 km north of Adolphustown

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: County of Lennox and Addington

Municipality: Town of Greater Napanee

Themes