Old Trinity 1842-1881 - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Old Trinity 1842-1881

The bright tin steeple of Lambton County's first Anglican church served for many years as a guide to mariners plying the St. Clair River. The foundation of Old Trinity was made of logs instead of stones and the church was demolished in 1881.

Location

At the site of the former church, in the old Sutherland Cemetery, Mooretown - about 15 km south of Sarnia on County Road 33

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Lambton

Municipality: Township of St. Clair

Themes