Ontario Vaccine Farm, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Ontario Vaccine Farm, The

This vaccine farm was established in 1885 by a local physician, Dr. Alexander Stewart, and was the first institution in Ontario to produce smallpox vaccine. In 1916, the operation was transferred to the University of Toronto.

Location

Near the former Stewart residence, 290 Main Street, Palmerston

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Wellington

Municipality: Town of Minto

Themes