Pembroke and Mattawan Road, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Pembroke and Mattawan Road, The

Constructed as a supply route to lumber camps in the upper Ottawa valley, the Pembroke and Mattawan Road was begun in 1853 and completed to its full length over the next 20 years. Some sections have since been incorporated into Highway 17, but the original route can still be travelled between CFB Petawawa and Deep River.

Location

At the tourist information booth in Riverside Park in the vicinity of the former route, Highway 17, Pembroke

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: County of Renfrew

Municipality: City of Pembroke

Themes