Princes' Gates, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Princes' Gates, The

An outstanding example of monumental architecture in the Beaux-Arts style, the gates were constructed to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of Confederation. They were opened on August 30, 1927 by Their Royal Highnesses, the Prince of Wales and Prince George.

Location

Near the gates, at the Strachan Avenue entrance to Exhibition Place, Toronto

Region: Greater Toronto Area

County/District: City of Toronto (District)

Municipality: City of Toronto

Themes