Quakers of Adolphustown, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Quakers of Adolphustown, The

The Quakers who settled in Adolphustown Township in 1784 came mainly from New York State, and formed one of the earliest Quaker communities in the province. Although they were not loyalists, since they had refused to bear arms for either side in the American Revolution, they were readily accepted into the predominantly loyalist community at Adolphustown.

Location

At the Quaker cemetery on Hay Bay Road, about 4 km north of Adolphustown

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: County of Lennox and Addington

Municipality: Town of Greater Napanee

Themes