Red Lake House - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Red Lake House

In 1790, the Hudson's Bay Company set up a trading post on Red Lake in order to compete more effectively with the North West Company that had been trading in the area for several years. Closed, reopened and relocated numerous times, the post was finally located in the town of Red Lake in 1933.

Location

In front of the municipal offices, 117 Howey Street, Red Lake

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Kenora

Municipality: Municipality of Red Lake

Themes