St. John's Church - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

St. John's Church

The present St. John's, built in 1871, incorporates sections of the brick church erected in 1818-19 to replace an earlier structure destroyed in the War of 1812. The Anglican congregation itself was formed shortly after the British withdrawal from Detroit in 1796 and the consequent establishment of the community of Sandwich.

Location

On the grounds of the church, 3305 Sandwich Street, Windsor

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Essex

Municipality: City of Windsor

Themes