Talbot Road, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Talbot Road, The

This pioneer highway was first surveyed in 1804 by John Bostwick under the supervision of Colonel Thomas Talbot. When completed it ran from Waterford to Amherstburg and was an important factor in the successful settlement of the Lake Erie shoreline.

Location

Talbot Road West, 5 km west of St. Thomas

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Elgin

Municipality: City of St. Thomas

Themes