Whitefish Lake Post - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Whitefish Lake Post

The Hudson's Bay Company constructed a trading post at Whitefish Lake about 1824 to discourage independent traders from infiltrating the area north of the French River. In 1887, the post was moved to Naughton to facilitate rail shipments.

Location

At the site of the former post, Regional Road 55, Naughton - about 17 km southwest of Sudbury

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: City of Greater Sudbury (District)

Municipality: City of Greater Sudbury

Themes