Founding of Dresden, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Founding of Dresden, The

A sawmill and grist-mill in operation by 1850 were the basis for the small community of Dresden. Extensive timber resources and the Sydenham River stimulated development and by 1871 the village was a major commercial centre.

Location

At the town hall, 485 St. George Street, Dresden

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: Municipality of Chatham-Kent (District)

Municipality: Municipality of Chatham-Kent

Themes