Menu

First Provincial Parliament 1792, The

John Graves Simcoe, lieutenant-governor of Upper Canada, opened the first provincial parliament at Newark (Niagara-on-the-Lake) in September 1792 introducting to the province of a form of representative government.

Location

In front of the old court house building, 26 Queen Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake

Region: Niagara Falls and Region

County/District: Regional Municipality of Niagara

Municipality: Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake

Themes