Menu

Moose Factory

Built in 1673, captured by the French under the Chevalier de Troyes in 1686, and returned to the British by the Treaty of Utrecht in 1713, Moose Fort served as the Hudson's Bay Company's principal centre on James Bay for two centuries. All inland exploration radiated from the fort.

Location

In front of the Hudson's Bay Staff House, Front Road, Moose Factory

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Cochrane

Municipality: Moose Factory

Themes