Menu

Ontario School for the Deaf, The

The first provincial school for deaf children, this residential institution combined elementary school subjects with vocational training when it opened in 1870. Over the years, ever-increasing enrolment has promoted the steady expansion of the school's facilities and curricula.

Location

On the grounds of the school, now The Sir James Whitney School, 350 Dundas Street West, Belleville

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: County of Hastings

Municipality: City of Belleville

Themes