Captain Daniel Rapelje 1774-1828 - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Captain Daniel Rapelje 1774-1828

Following the War of 1812, Rapelje returned to his Kettle Creek property on the south side of the Talbot Road. He constructed a grist-mill and subdivided a portion of his land into town lots, marking in effect the beginning of present-day St. Thomas.

Location

At the city hall, 545 Talbot Street, St. Thomas

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Elgin

Municipality: City of St. Thomas

Themes