District Court House and Gaol 1833 - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

District Court House and Gaol 1833

The centre block of this court house complex was constructed in 1833 as the judicial headquarters of the Eastern District. The building replaced an earlier frame structure dating from 1802. Renovations have significantly altered the appearance of the court house over the years.

Location

On the grounds of the court house, Pitt and Water Streets, Cornwall

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry

Municipality: City of Cornwall

Themes