Menu

Barnum House

An excellent example of Neoclassical domestic architecture, Barnum House was constructed about 1819 by Eliakim Barnum. In the first historic house restoration in the province, the structure was refurbished by the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario in 1940. It is now owned by the Ontario Heritage Trust.

Location

On the grounds of the house, County Road 2, at the western approach to Grafton

Region: Central Ontario

County/District: County of Northumberland

Municipality: Township of Alnwick Haldimand

Themes