Architects - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Architects


  • 1 Gundry & Langley

    Thomas Gundry was born in England where he trained as an architect. It was in Toronto, however, that he established his architectural career. In 1862, William Hay (1818-88) and Gundry were briefly in partnership before Hay left Toronto. Hay left his practice to Gundry and his young apprentice Henry Langley (1836-1907), a partnership that lasted until Gundry’s death in 1869. Within the firm, Gundry was responsible for the business operations while Langley undertook the drafting and primary design. Important church designs by the firm of Gundry and Langley include: St. Peter’s Anglican Church (Toronto, 1864-65); Alexander Street Baptist Church (Toronto, 1866, demolished); St. Thomas' Anglican (Brooklin, 1869-1870); St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic (now Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Toronto, 1869-70); and St. James' Anglican (Stratford, 1870).

    9 record(s) found

Go to page: