Addington Road, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Addington Road, The

Extending northward to meet the Peterson Road, the Addington Road was part of a network of government roads built to encourage settlement in the southern region of the Precambrian Shield. It was built in two stages in 1854-57 and 1863-64.

Location

Near the route of the former colonization road, Highway 41 at Highway 7, Kaladar

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: County of Lennox and Addington

Municipality: Township of Addington Highlands

Themes