Bois Blanc Island Blockhouses - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Bois Blanc Island Blockhouses

With the establishment of Fort Malden in 1796, two blockhouses were built to serve as outposts, one at each end of Bois Blanc Island. In 1838, a third fort was built in the centre of the island. Only the latter building remains.

Location

At the blockhouse, Bois Blanc Island. The island is accessible by ferry from Elliott's Point, just south of Amherstburg on County Road 18

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Essex

Municipality: Town of Amherstburg

Themes