Frederick House - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Frederick House

To compete with the rival fur-trading company, the North West Company, the Hudson's Bay Company established Frederick House in 1785, naming it after the second son of George III. The post was abandoned in 1821.

Location

Near the site of the former post, Local Road 610 at Barbers Bay, near Connaught - east of Timmins

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Cochrane

Municipality: City of Timmins

Themes