Government House 1832 - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Government House 1832

Built by the fifth baron of Longueil, Alwington House served as the vice-regal residence from 1841 to 1844 when Kingston was the capital of the Province of Canada. The building was demolished in 1959 following a fire.

Location

At the site of the former building, King Street near the penitentiary, Kingston

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: County of Frontenac

Municipality: City of Kingston

Themes