Hamilton Central Public School - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Hamilton Central Public School

Opened in 1853 with a capacity to accommodate 1,000 students, this was the largest grade school in Upper Canada and one of the first to incorporate the educational reforms of Dr. Egerton Ryerson, the province's chief superintendent of schools.

Location

In front of the school, 75 Hunter Street West, Hamilton

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: City of Hamilton (District)

Municipality: City of Hamilton

Themes