Heathfield - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Heathfield

Professor James Williamson purchased Heathfield in 1865 and rented a large portion of the capacious house to his brother-in-law, Sir John A. Macdonald. The latter used it during frequent visits to Kingston between 1865 and 1878. The house has been demolished.

Location

Near the site of the former house, Princess Street or County Road 2, at the western approach to Kingston

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: County of Frontenac

Municipality: City of Kingston

Themes