John Backhouse Mill, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

John Backhouse Mill, The

Reputedly built in 1798, the Backhouse mill fortunately escaped destruction by American raiders during the War of 1812 and was operated by the Backhouse family for more than 150 years. In 1955, the mill was purchased by the Big Creek Region Conservation Authority.

Location

At the mill, in Backus Conservation Area, off Regional Road 42, north of Port Rowan

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Norfolk (District)

Municipality: County of Norfolk

Themes