Macdonald-Mowat House 1872, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Macdonald-Mowat House 1872, The

This Second Empire-style house was owned by Canada's first prime minister, Sir John A. Macdonald, from 1876 to 1886, and by Ontario's third prime minister, Oliver Mowat, from 1888 to 1902. The building now houses the University of Toronto's School of Graduate Studies.

Location

In front of the house, 63 St. George Street, University of Toronto, Toronto

Region: Greater Toronto Area

County/District: City of Toronto (District)

Municipality: City of Toronto

Themes