Queen's Park - Ontario Heritage Trust


Queen's Park

Named in honour of Queen Victoria, this park was opened in 1860 by the Prince of Wales. Construction of the parliament buildings was begun in 1886, and on April 4, 1893 Sir Oliver Mowat opened the first legislative session in the new building. Over the years, the name Queen's Park has become synonymous with both the legislature and the public park.


In front of the Legislative Building, Queen's Park Crescent, Toronto

Region: Greater Toronto Area

County/District: City of Toronto (District)

Municipality: City of Toronto