Rosseau-Nipissing Road, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Rosseau-Nipissing Road, The

In an attempt to encourage settlement in what is now Parry Sound District, the provincial government authorized construction of the Rosseau-Nipissing Road in 1864. By 1873, the road was open for winter traffic between the communities of Rousseau (now Rosseau) and Nipissing. The road is still used by local traffic through much of its course.

Location

At the community hall, Highway 141 and Victoria Street, Rosseau

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Parry Sound

Municipality: Township of Seguin

Themes