Ryerson Polytechnical Institute - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Ryerson Polytechnical Institute

Named after the Reverend Egerton Ryerson, founder of the province's education system, the Ryerson Institute of Technology was established in 1948 to provide technological education for post-secondary students. It rapidly became a leading centre for technical education in Ontario and in 1971 was given degree-granting status.

Location

Near the statue of Egerton Ryerson at the entrance to Ryerson University, 40 Gould Street, Toronto

Region: Greater Toronto Area

County/District: City of Toronto (District)

Municipality: City of Toronto

Themes