Sir Francis Hincks at Renfrew - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Sir Francis Hincks at Renfrew

A prominent figure in Upper Canada, Hincks purchased land north of the Bonnechère River in 1853. By subdividing his holdings into town lots and donating land for a public square, he contributed substantially to the development of Renfrew as a community.

Location

At Bruce and Albert Streets on the lot he donated for a public square, Renfrew

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: County of Renfrew

Municipality: Town of Renfrew

Themes