Slomans and the CNR School on Wheels, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Slomans and the CNR School on Wheels, The

Established in 1926, the school-on-wheels program offered academic instruction and social services by train to children and adults in the outlying regions of northern Ontario. One of the first teachers was Fred Sloman of Clinton who, with his wife Cela, travelled the Capreol-to-Foleyet line for 39 years.

Location

At the school car, now restored, which the Slomans used, Sloman Memorial Park, Victoria Terrace, Clinton

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Huron

Municipality: Municipality of Central Huron

Themes