Architects - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Architects


  • 1 Gordon & Helliwell

    Henry Bauld Gordon (1854-1951) was born in Toronto and went on to train with Henry Langley (1836-1907). In 1877, he began his own architectural practice and, in 1879, formed a successful partnership with Grant Helliwell (1855-1953). They designed the Orillia Presbyterian Church (Orillia, 1888), Church of the Messiah (Toronto, 1891) and the Presbyterian Church of the Covenant (Toronto, 1899, now the International Society of Krishna Consciousness). Gordon was a member of the Royal Canadian Academy of Arts and served twice (1896 and 1908) as president of the Ontario Association of Architects.

    11 record(s) found

Go to page: