Fort Henry - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Fort Henry

Built between 1832 and 1836 as part of a large-scale system of defence to protect the naval dockyards at Kingston and the Rideau Canal, the present fortifications replaced an earlier fort dating from the War of 1812.

Location

At the main gate to the fort, now a museum, east of Kingston at the junction of County Road 2 and Highway 15

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: County of Frontenac

Municipality: City of Kingston

Themes