Founding of Stayner, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Founding of Stayner, The

Early settlement on the site of Stayner coincided with the construction between 1851 and 1855 of a railway line from Toronto to Collingwood. Originally called Nottawasaga Station, the community of Stayner developed into a significant agricultural and lumbering centre.

Location

At the centennial fountain, Main and Oak Streets, Stayner

Region: Central Ontario

County/District: County of Simcoe

Municipality: Township of Clearview

Themes