Ontario School for the Blind, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Ontario School for the Blind, The

The first provincial school for blind children, this residential institution opened in 1872 with 11 pupils. By 1881, more than 200 students were receiving academic instruction combined with manual and vocational training.

Location

Near Heritage House, on the grounds of the school, now the W. Ross Macdonald School, St. Paul Avenue, Brantford

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Brant (District)

Municipality: City of Brantford

Themes