First Forestry Station 1908, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

First Forestry Station 1908, The

On 100 acres of wind-eroded, sandy soil the first provincial forest nursery in Canada was established largely through the efforts of Edmund Zavitz. Today the station covers 4,000 acres and produces millions of seedlings annually for reforestation projects across Ontario.

Location

At the station's head office, Highway 24 near Regional Road 16, north of St. Williams

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Norfolk (District)

Municipality: County of Norfolk

Themes