Founding of Midland, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Founding of Midland, The

In 1871, the spot known as Mundy's Bay was chosen as the northern terminus of the Midland Railway, which at that time ran from Port Hope to Beaverton. A town site was surveyed the following year and settlers, attracted by the convenience of rail service, soon began to move into the area.

Location

On the grounds of the public library, 320 King Street, Midland

Region: Central Ontario

County/District: County of Simcoe

Municipality: Town of Midland

Themes